Be sure to scroll down to see previous days' posts!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Stories from the vigil site

"I just wanted to share my inspirational experience yesterday at our corner...

I have been doing the 8-9 AM hour on Sundays for this past two years, and this time of the day has been very peaceful and uneventful. Usually, at this time of the day, especially on Sunday mornings, most people choose to sleep in and the ones up and about out on the streets are the ones on the way to church. So, the last couple of years have been pleasant with most of the public feedback being positive - affirming and supporting our cause for choosing life.

Yesterday, beyond the occasional honk and wave of the passerby, an old man inside a red cadillac stopped right in front of me. I wasn't sure what to expect because no one has ever pulled to a complete stop. Inside the car, I heard an old man straining his voice, and he said "Thank You," and drove off. I responded with a smile and said "Thank You" back. But as the car pulled off, I couldn't hold my tears back. It was such a heart-felt and sincere "Thank you" that it warmed my heart so deeply as if it was God and the Holy Spirit thanking me directly.

Now, I really looked like some crazy woman holding up a couple of signs and crying my heart out standing in the corner. I can just imagine what the people were saying about me. I tried to compose myself by holding back my tears and smiling instead. Then, no more than five minutes, this same car pulls back up to me, and the old man hands me a couple of crucifix (for a necklace). So, needless to say, I cried again...

I never would have thought that I would receive such a blessing. Here I am thinking that I want to give a voice to the unborn child...But it was me who was left speechless that morning, with only tears of gratitude to express the blessing that I have received from a passerby. GOD IS SO GOOD! He is thanking each and everyone of us, and supports us in our works of justice, speaking for those who do not have a voice.

GOD BLESS ALL THE PRAYER WARRIORS! WHAT WE DO IS MAKING A DIFFERENCE.

Sincerely,
Maria"

No comments:

Post a Comment